Instrument tracking solutions, at their core, track the location, usage, and maintenance of surgical instruments while also facilitating adherence to instrument sterilization procedures and surgical tray loading guidelines. While not a new concept for hospitals and other acute-care facilities, more facilities are seeing instrument tracking as a necessity as they look to improve patient safety, contain costs, effectively manage instrument inventory, and maximize revenue from operating rooms (ORs). As a result, the surgical suite, the sterile processing department, and even C-suite executives at acute-care facilities are beginning to take a closer look at this increasingly important function.
Individual instruments and trays of instruments are uniquely bar-coded using 1 and 2 dimensional barcodes. Instrumental in implementing the GS1 standard which is used to ensure that these identifiers are globally unique and helps improve inventory management and traceability. ITS gives full visibility and comprehensive audit trail throughout the whole of the turnaround cycle, from collection at the point of use, through logistics, receipt into the Sterile Service Department, cleaning and disinfection, inspection, assembly and packing, sterilisation, product release and delivery back to the customer.
- Electronic tracking & data management system for surgical instruments
- Individual instruments are visible & traceable throughout hospital
- Permanent marking technology
- Process more trays with 100% accuracy
- The scanning technology can quickly and efficiently
- Web-based interface
- Tracks instrument sets, mobile equipment, and any other inventory item as desired